In a pupil's own words, "it is a department that can help you with your learning and other issues that you may have, within school or outside".
- Learning support (SEN) is a large department at the heart of the school with pupil and parents feelings and wishes are paramount.
- Within this area is a pupil centred inclusion unit that helps support vulnerable pupils.
- Split into 3 separate areas. Learning room/MAC (multi agency centre)/ support room.
- All the rooms create a supportive and nurturing atmosphere.
- 18 members of staff
- Dyslexia/hearing impairment/visual impairment/Additional wheelchair needs trained with staff who are specialised in these areas.
- Individual/small group/in class/ 1 to 1 withdrawal sessions are catered for and tailored towards pupils needs and learning styles.
- Bespoke intervention programmes are available for support academically.